As an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) through Exercise Sports Science Australia and a Level 2 Strength and Conditioning Coach with the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association, Austin’s passion lies in coaching athletes for performance. With over 10 years experience in this field, he has developed a character first philosophy and takes pride in developing discipline, resilience and a no complaining psychology with his athletes. On that note, he treats every client as an athlete and takes pride in the planning and depth of his programming and training protocols.
He has extensive experience in profiling, prescription and programming, elite athlete management, rehabilitation and nutritional guidance with a wide range of populations from first timers to internationally competing athletes. He was the Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach with Hong Kong Cricket from 2015-2018 but has also enjoyed roles with Hong Kong Golf and various national levels athletes and premier division teams and academies.
With a background in Clinical Physiology working in hospital settings with cardiac and pulmonary patients, he has the skills and qualifications to work with high-risk clients and is able to support injury management and rehabilitation. From a client-centered approach and an intrinsic drive for progress, Austin is most satisfied when his clients are most satisfied and will invest passionately in your success with you.
- * Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (AEP). Jan, 2009 – December 12, 2012.
- * Precision Nutrition – Level 1 (2018).
- * Level 1, 2 Strength and Conditioning – ASCA – 2017 (ASCA Member).
- * Accredited Exercise Physiologist (CEP) and Member with ESSA.
- * Certificate 3, 4 equivalent in Personal Training – 2011.
- * Current Apply First Aid certificate and AED/ CPR certification (2019).